{KAN} HomeKAN HomepageHomeFAQServersServer StatsRegisterLog in

Would love to hear from clan leaders.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Myth

PostSubject: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Mon 17 Aug 2015, 11:27 pm

I have been in KAN for just about five years now. I was removed from the clan today. I was told after the fact that, "You were warned and continued the harassment. Done deal, and it's a shame, because that was your choice." I have a very aggressive demeanor on the server. I was asked to tone it down back around June in TS in a discussion I had with Rumble. My response at that time was that I am just gonna be who I am and let it work itself out. Since that time I have not had a problem with anyone on the server. So the reason I was given doesn't add up.

Recently there was a discussion on the forums about a ban that went down, you can all view this in the member section for Black Ops under the thread Lifepod. It was during this time that I angered some members of the clan apparently because of my aggressive stance in opposition to the ban. Since that time, a couple of members of the clan just simply refuse to play on the server when I am on. I have a strong suspicion that this has to do with what happened over the course of those couple of days. I would love for KAN leadership, Alan, Rumble, Beastie, Mono etc to help me understand the true nature of this removal from the clan. I'd be more than happy to hop on TS with anyone to expedite the process.
Back to top Go down
Lady of Winter {KAN}
Queen of the P90 - shooter of the AK47. Claymore expert

Female Number of posts : 1704
City/Country : Earth (is not a country it´s a planet)
  : Pretty in Pink
: Handy with a Whip
: Frau Boss
Fav MP game : Naked Volleyball and Twister.
Fav MP map : BOG!!!
I miss BOG!!

Fav SP game : LOL
Xfire : ladyofwinter
TeamSpeak : 1st Lady {KAN}
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Mon 17 Aug 2015, 11:53 pm

Myth,
As you know I've been away so I'm not quite sure what's happening. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

LoW
Back to top Go down
http://www.kanclan.com
The_Myth

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Tue 18 Aug 2015, 12:00 am

It's ok Lady. I would just like to get people talking about it. We've been friends for a long time, I have others I have been friends with in the clan for a long time too. I just want to get a discussion going about it. I don't know how much will be seen here as I suspect that since this is the public forum of the clan everyone will be divulging as little information as possible. I've taken it to steam chat too and gotten nothing from the one member of leadership that is able to be around right now.
Back to top Go down
Dracslady

Female Number of posts : 362
City/Country : PA USA
Fav MP game : Black Ops, Borderlands 2, I do attempt Black Ops 2
Fav MP map : Gotta be WMD and Grid used to be Villa, like the DLC maps alot, especially Hotel and Zoo
Fav SP game : Hard to say
Xfire : no
TeamSpeak : yes
Registration date : 2011-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Tue 18 Aug 2015, 12:31 am

not sure either .. but sorry to hear this and speechless really
Back to top Go down
St. Timmy's
{KAN} Guest

Male Number of posts : 256
City/Country : Portland/Tennessee/USA
Fav MP game : COD Black Ops
Fav MP map : Summit
Fav SP game : Hmmm....maybe Skyrim since I have logged many hours playing and messing with mods. Old school game would probably be Duke Nukem.
Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Tue 18 Aug 2015, 12:40 am

Just checked the forums from work and this is news to me.
Back to top Go down
The_Myth

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Tue 18 Aug 2015, 1:42 am

You're not going to find anything on the forums about it other than I was kicked. No reason, certainly no details. Feel free to check my chat log for the last month too as the reason given was that I was harassing players.
Back to top Go down
FRIZZLE {KAN}

Male Number of posts : 601
City/Country : ANYTOWN, USA
  : Clan Member

Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Tue 18 Aug 2015, 8:04 pm

Not a clan leader, but since you need to include "our" issue as a reason why this happened....I feel compelled to clear the air.

During our last conversation in TS, which was about the said mentioned thread, you told me that you like to get under peoples skin and antagonize players to disrupt their game play.  Prior to this discussion I have read your chat logs and have seen firsthand how you treat guests on our server (even ex clan members). Hell, I have even seen you antagonize a clan member with forum posts just to make matters worse.  Recently, since your discussion with Rumble, you have opted to continue with this "type of enjoyment" (your words) in voice chat, instead of the text chat, as part of your "toning down" and ensuring that you can say what you want, when you want, without a chat log recording it.

You and I have a completely different concept of what is fun and respectful.

I made a personal choice to unfriend you and stop playing when you are on because I don't want to be a part of or be associated with that type individual game play or that type of clan member.  So yes, I made it clear to you that I will not be gaming with you.  I felt that was a pretty fair way to approach it, you can continue to do what you do and I don't have to put up with it.....case closed.   I had completely moved on.  You on the other hand, would not let it go and continued with your "salty" comments to try and get a reaction out of me.

Next thing I hear is that you were being disrespectful/harassing (whatever description you would call it) to another clan member (this was done in voice chat, no record of it of course) and that clan member asked me what they should do.  I suggested that they discuss it with one of the clan leaders and they did so.  This clan member BTW is new, doesn't deserve it and probably doesn't know about your "aggressive demeanor" or "your type of fun".  

If you think this is about one incident or one clan members opinion you are wrong.  This is an accumulation of things that includes, at least, two different clan leaders suggesting to you on previous occasions, that you might want to change your "aggressive demeanor" and the way you treat people.  The best part about this.....is you are seemingly unaware of the build up to this and are acting like a victim. This coming from the guy who said this to me in TS over a month ago, after one of your talks with a clan leader, and you said "Well, I am going to continue to be me, I am not going to change the way I do things and if someone wants to get rid of me that's fine".  

I think it is unfair of you to make it look like, in a public forum, that this is shocking to you and that you have no idea of what happened to reach this place.  A very smart person, that admittedly, likes to antagonize players and screw with peoples heads in a friggin video game.

I would like to add:

ABOUT {KAN} CLAN

What is the essence of KAN?

In short we are a multi-gaming clan without the competition part and the strict hierarchy that many other clans have.

We only play for fun, and why shouldn’t we?

We are multi-cultural, multi-genders and come in all ages – that adds to the flavor.

Regardless of age we are very mature with manners and treat every fellow gamer with respect.

Our trademark - FUN because we KAN™

Does this sound like something you could relate to?

Contact us - KAN-clan  

You are welcome to play on our server, in fact we encourage it,  However, we will hold you to the same standards/rules we hold everyone else to....thus ensuring a fun gaming experience that is free from abusive and disrespectful players.
Back to top Go down
The_Myth

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Tue 18 Aug 2015, 8:57 pm

After reading and re-reading my posts in this thread I don't see where I am trying to play the victim at all. In fact, the only thing I have done is said that the reason I was given was that I was harassing players on the server and that I had looked at my chat logs and didn't see anything to support that. It is decidedly INCONVENIENT for me in this instance that I am being accused of doing something in voice chat simply for the fact that I am not able to defend myself. It's just my word against someone else. That being said, I have never intentionally gone after a clan member in voice chat. The problem is that I have no recourse in this instance. Was this person specific in what I said to them? Is it possible it was just a misunderstanding? Nobody knows because there is no record of the voice chat.

With all that being said, one thing you are certainly correct about is what I told you and Rumble in TS. I said I play this game for the competitive nature of it. I like playing against players who are good and better than I. I like rivalries and I do enjoy banter and smack talk. If I feel that it might give me an edge on someone I might say something like, "You really love camping out your killstreaks don't ya" or "Awfully convenient how you knew exactly where I was." I say things which are obvious jokes like, "xxxxxx you smell like 59 day old steamed cabbage". This is EXACTLY the player I was five years ago when I was asked to apply to the clan by multiple members and it's exactly the player I have been in the five years following my application.

In regards to your decision to not play while I am on. You say that it was because of my behavior on the server, but that doesn't add up. In fact you verbally stated to me that you were done with me because I didn't back a clan member on the ban and after a comment I made to you about not wanting to play on the server when Lifepod was on. I stated that, in my opinion, you not wanting play on the server when Lifepod was on because you felt he was running people off the server because he was kicking players ass was a personality flaw with you and not with him. When I told you THIS, not when we talked about my banter on the server, you went off the handle and told me that you were done with me and I could, "go f**k myself after saying that". I repeatedly asked you to relax and you just become more incensed. That seems, as you put it, pretty fair right?

Lastly I have not played the victim here as you have insinuated. I don't know where I insinuated that this was shocking to me either. Go ahead and re-read my posts in this thread. I have simply stated that I feel this is more about what happened in the days following the Lifepod ban than it is about who I am as a clan member. I just want to be clear that my actions on the server since I was told that "I needed to tone it down" have been to do exactly that in chat and voice.

Back to top Go down
FRIZZLE {KAN}

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Tue 18 Aug 2015, 9:41 pm

The_Myth wrote:
I have simply stated that I feel this is more about what happened in the days following the Lifepod ban than it is about who I am as a clan member.

And.....as I specifically stated, this is less about the days following the ban/"our" issue and more about who you were as a clan member.
Back to top Go down
The_Myth

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Tue 18 Aug 2015, 9:45 pm

Fair enough Randy. I'll see ya in game.
Back to top Go down
my little friend
{KAN} Guest

Male Number of posts : 1453
City/Country : london uk
Fav MP game : riding tandem(me on the back)
Fav MP map : london a-z
Fav SP game : birdwatching
Xfire : never
TeamSpeak : english....the queens
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:00 pm

Toys firmly back in the pram!!
Back to top Go down
The_Myth

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Tue 18 Aug 2015, 11:27 pm

After a talk in TS a few minutes ago I just want to clarify. I will be held to the same standard everyone else on the server is correct? I was told because of my tag, which I changed, that I was risking a server ban. But I just want to be sure that there are not a special set of new "Myth" server rules that I have to follow so that I am not banned from the server.

If someone could clear that up for me that would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Spin
{KAN} Guest

Male Number of posts : 68
City/Country : Elkhart Lake, WI USA
Fav MP game : Well, it's best I try and keep this rated PG, so you'll have to guess.
Fav MP map : Bedroom
Registration date : 2015-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Wed 19 Aug 2015, 12:57 am

apparently the warnings didn't matter, so why would the listing of special rules make a difference?
Back to top Go down
The_myth

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Wed 19 Aug 2015, 1:11 am

Oh Spin you silly goose you =)
Back to top Go down
Spin
{KAN} Guest

Male Number of posts : 68
City/Country : Elkhart Lake, WI USA
Fav MP game : Well, it's best I try and keep this rated PG, so you'll have to guess.
Fav MP map : Bedroom
Registration date : 2015-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Wed 19 Aug 2015, 1:23 am

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander!
Back to top Go down
The_Myth

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Wed 19 Aug 2015, 12:11 pm

Still looking to get clarification on my last post.
Back to top Go down
The_Myth

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Mon 24 Aug 2015, 12:03 am

Special Myth rules confirmed. Was kicked today at the start of the map after firing about five silenced rounds in the span of 30 seconds. Touche sir, touche.
Back to top Go down
Lady of Winter {KAN}

Female Number of posts : 1704
City/Country : Earth (is not a country it´s a planet)
  : Pretty in Pink
: Handy with a Whip
: Frau Boss
Fav MP game : Naked Volleyball and Twister.
Fav MP map : BOG!!!
I miss BOG!!

Fav SP game : LOL
Xfire : ladyofwinter
TeamSpeak : 1st Lady {KAN}
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Mon 24 Aug 2015, 4:34 pm

The_Myth wrote:
Special Myth rules confirmed.  Was kicked today at the start of the map after firing about five silenced rounds in the span of 30 seconds.  Touche sir, touche.

I'm not sure what that means, Myth. Did you try rejoining?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kanclan.com
The_Myth

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Mon 24 Aug 2015, 6:02 pm

I was playing and was removed from the server at the start of a round yesterday for firing like five shots just as the round started. I'll let you guess who kicked me. I was also consoled PM warned that I needed to, in so many words, knock it off or else when I said something to the effect of "There you are" after killing Frizzle. Regardless of our past this doesn't break any server rules. I wasn't harassing anyone, I wasn't swearing and I certainly wasn't stealing someones care package!!!!!! Very Happy

There is a reason I didn't get an answer when I asked if there were special server rules now for me.
Back to top Go down
my little friend
{KAN} Guest

Male Number of posts : 1453
City/Country : london uk
Fav MP game : riding tandem(me on the back)
Fav MP map : london a-z
Fav SP game : birdwatching
Xfire : never
TeamSpeak : english....the queens
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Mon 24 Aug 2015, 7:54 pm

don't flatter yourself!.
Back to top Go down
Rumble {KAN}

Male Number of posts : 3323
City/Country : Virginia, USA
  : Moderator
 : Forum Admin

Fav MP game : Black Ops
Fav MP map : No preference
TeamSpeak : Yes !
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Mon 24 Aug 2015, 8:33 pm

Normally, I don't post conversations, but you obviously said this in public so here it is:

[August 23 2015 18:29:59]    NAME: TheMyth{LOL} | CHAT:     Frizzle where you gonna be hidin?
[August 23 2015 18:31:12]    NAME: TheMyth{LOL} | CHAT:     oH THERE
[August 23 2015 18:32:18]    NAME: TheMyth{LOL} | CHAT:     And there

The_Myth wrote:
I wasn't harassing anyone ....

Really?  Isn't there some sort of camper implication in there?  Maybe you missed the "stop poking people to see if you can get a rise out of them" memo.  And before you gripe about how you're treated or otherwise cry "foul", might want to remember this is only one piece of a far larger problem that you've been made aware of before.

You're doing everything you can to push the boundaries of the box.  Would be a good idea to stop, before you find the door closed entirely.

Last edited by Rumble {KAN} on Mon 24 Aug 2015, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added timestamps)
Back to top Go down
The_myth

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Mon 24 Aug 2015, 10:28 pm

No that doesn't imply camping. At all. He wasn't even in the same place, nor was I saying he was camping. Look at he log man, look at what you just posted. It was three comments that are not in any way incendiary. You cannot objectively say that I was being out of line. It wasn't mean spirited, I wasn't being rude and I wasn't spamming. It was over the course of an entire map.
Back to top Go down
FRIZZLE {KAN}

PostSubject: Re: Would love to hear from clan leaders.   Mon 24 Aug 2015, 11:21 pm

Wow.....still carrying on huh?

This is over and take care.
Back to top Go down

Would love to hear from clan leaders.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1