{KAN} HomeKAN HomepageHomeFAQServersServer StatsRegisterLog in

Denied ban appeal...ok.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
[BIA]Snake

PostSubject: Denied ban appeal...ok.   Wed 25 Feb 2015, 12:38 am

While I respect that you have every right to make a decision and stick with it because it's your server, I would have to say the way my ban was handled initially had equally unacceptable behavior from both parties. While this was 2 years or more ago, I will take responsibility that I am human and how I acted. However what influenced me to become whatever way I was or say whatever it is I said was caused by poorly handling my ban. I don't remember the specifics like who banned me, but I was banned because another player swore I was cheating and that was enough for another admin to agree and ban me. When discussing the ban initially there was no listening. It's as if the admin who banned me was solidified in their own judgement and didn't want to admit they made a mistake. I never cheated, and as we all know, some players throw the word "cheater" around whenever another player is doing good. I'm sure some of you all if not all have been called out as a cheater by some other unlucky player. That doesn't make it so does it? I felt cheated the way my ban was handled. You can look at my steam profile and see that I have never gotten a vac ban for anything and my black ops profile has 38 days played on it. Surely if I would have been taken care of by now if I was cheating? Heck, after that I started recording and eventually livestreaming my game plays because I felt that I needed something to defend myself against hackusations.

But whatever right?
Back to top Go down
Rumble {KAN}

Male Number of posts : 3330
City/Country : Virginia, USA
  : Moderator
 : Forum Admin

Fav MP game : Black Ops
Fav MP map : No preference
TeamSpeak : Yes !
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Denied ban appeal...ok.   Wed 25 Feb 2015, 1:26 am

FYI - you were banned on April 12, 2012 for an apparent wall hack, not because of what someone else said, but because of what I observed first hand.  

Instead of making a reasonable request for a review at the time, you spammed our shoutbox with garbage repeatedly until we finally decided to eliminate your access to it.  Now, 3 years later, you want to appeal it and you claim I'm the problem?  Get over it. I'm not perfect, but you established your character 3 years ago.  I suggest you move on.
Back to top Go down
[BIA]Snake

PostSubject: Alright.   Wed 25 Feb 2015, 2:10 am

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't recall the whole ordeal so I appreciate it. I am not bitter and I take responsibility. Also I didn't claim that you were the problem, all I said was what influenced me to act as I did. I don't start out full rage mode so I'm sure there was something that provoked me to act the way I did. But as I said, the behavior was wrong. Also, my character was established 3 years ago? What is this? Are you to believe that someone stays the same from year after year? I don't know about you but I work on every aspect of myself and try to be better and I do get results. My mistake thinking that people are people and not read-only files.

I didn't come in here like "lulz hi i am banned sry can i play?". My intial intention was to play on the server again, yes- which you made apparent is never going to happen, but closure is also nice. So no, I am not tore up over it all. This all started out because my brother enjoys your server and so I took a chance knowing that I could be denied and did what I could. If what I did was so horrible that 3 years jailed off cannot soften, I don't want to know what other measures are taken lol.
Back to top Go down
[BIA]Snake

PostSubject: Re: Denied ban appeal...ok.   Wed 25 Feb 2015, 2:16 am

Also, just curious but, do you still believe that I cheat/ed?
Back to top Go down
Rumble {KAN}

Male Number of posts : 3330
City/Country : Virginia, USA
  : Moderator
 : Forum Admin

Fav MP game : Black Ops
Fav MP map : No preference
TeamSpeak : Yes !
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Denied ban appeal...ok.   Thu 26 Feb 2015, 11:35 am

Since you're keeping this civil, I'll provide a bit of background.  

KAN doesn't ever ban based on allegations some random player makes ingame.  We take the time to monitor a suspected cheater's gameplay until we see enough to make a solid decision.  Though obviously no one is perfect, we do have a lot of experience at it and do our best to make sure the decision is a good one.

Since we DO go to the trouble of reviewing gameplay at the time, second-guessing ban decisions, especially 3 years later, would mean we did a bad job of making it in the first place.  For me, that isn't fair to the player and makes no sense, so once the decision is made, it's a done deal.
Back to top Go down
[BIA]Snake

PostSubject: Re: Denied ban appeal...ok.   Thu 26 Feb 2015, 4:52 pm

Alright man, thanks a lot. I do understand though. The only reason I ask is because growing up I hated being accused of something I didn't do, which I'm sure most people do, but it becomes a quest to at least clear my name even if it's not that serious - a weird quirk of mine.

Anyways, again sorry for how I acted 3 years ago and I wish everyone in KAN and the server the best. Enjoy the battlefield! :)
Back to top Go down

Denied ban appeal...ok.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1